In 1929, together with the companies FWD Lorry Co Ltd. and Hardy Rail Motors Ltd. a military truck R6T was designed. Later it was sold the AEC brand (model 850). It was used in Belgium and France as the prime mover for light tanks. It was equipped with a 6-cylinder gasoline engine AEC with the output of 95 hp and had all-wheel drive transmission. AEC had built 33 such trucks in Southall since 1932 to 1936.