The first prototypes of a new 3-axle series in bonneted and cabover versions were built in 1932. But the mass production in 1935 reached only the cabover version. It was a 3-ton army truck with an axle arrangement 6×4, all 22-inch single wheels, open driver’s cab with a slight overhang and wood-metal body. It was equipped with a 4-cylinder gasoline engine (5.1 liter, 80 hp) with an upper camshaft, 4-speed gearbox and hydraulic brakes with vacuum booster. On this chassis were produced vans, repair equipment trucks, pontoons haulers and even mobile churches. Up to 1941, 934 trucks were produced.
AEC Marshal (model 644) bonnet type