Heading towards the north of Argentina and Chile, the route skims the frontiers of neighboring countries and takes competitors through ever more varied country. Yesterday, 5th of January, the 4th stage with total length of 146 km has been finished. Racers have crossed the border between Argentina and Chile and finished the stage in Calama, Chile.
Russian racer Vladimir Chagin (Kamaz, racing number №500) has picked up this stage victory, his 3rd of the rally and the 59th in his career on the event. The second Kamaz trucks (Firdaus Kabirov, №502) has finished in 2:18 after Chagin, and the third place is Loprais (№504) with 5:59 variation time with leader. Overall results after 4th stage are:
- 1st – Chagin / Savostin / Shaysultanov, Kamaz №500, 11:49:16, 00:00:00.
- 2nd – Kabirov / Belyaev / Mokeev, Kamaz №502, 11:57:57, 00:08:41.
- 3rd – Loprais / Holan / Kalina, Tatra №504, 12:01:52, 00:12:36.
- 4th – Echter / Ruf / Klein, MAN №507, 12:35:24, 00:46:08.
- 5th – Nikolaev / Mizyukaev / Rybakov, Kamaz №512, 12:41:02, 00:51:46.
Bike leader is Coma on KTM bike, and car leader is Sainz on Volkswagen sport prototype.