Kabirov lost 15 minutes after he broke his wheel. The Tsar is now well set for outright victory, with a lead of more than half an hour over Kabirov. What about troubles? Last afternoon heat of the La Rioja region proved to be ominous for the title holder. After 412 km, Sainz, blinded by the dust, ripped his right front wheel off after hitting a hole. As a result, he spent one hour repairing in the company of his team-mate Mark Miller. Marc Coma is still leading in bike section. Overall ranking in truck section:
- 1st – Chagin / Savostin / Shaysultanov, Kamaz №500, 44:08:40, 00:00:00.
- 2nd – Kabirov / Belyaev / Mokeev, Kamaz №502, 44:39:11, 00:30:31.
- 3rd – Nikolaev / Mizyukaev / Rybakov, Kamaz №512, 47:07:23, 02:58:43.
- 4th – Mardeev / Demyanenko / Mardeev, Kamaz №518, 49:42:46, 05:34:06.
- 5th – Echter / Ruf / Klein, MAN №507, 49:46:47, 05:38:07.