The Model 28 bus was introduced in 1926, and was a development of the Model 26 bus chassis of the previous year. It had a low floor and overtype layout, and was ideally suited to maximum capacity bus operations. It can be easily recognized with its steering column projecting well in front of the radiator. The engine and gearbox were inclined slightly downwards to give a straight drivetrain, using a split propshaft which drove the rear axle through a worm drive from David Brown & Sons. As with the bonneted Model 26, low floor pantechnicon bodies were a popular application on dropped frame bus chassis.