Dominated the day before by his Kamaz team-mate Firdaus Kabirov, and second in the general standings, the six times winner of the Dakar grabbed a 4th stage victory since the beginning of the rally and climbed back to the top of the general standings. Chagin leads his main rival by more than 21 minutes.
Marchel Van Vliet in his MAN truck threw a spanner in the works of the blue horse brand, taking third place and putting a stop to a series of 100% Kamaz podiums. However, in the general standings, the Russian’s domination is complete. In other news of note, Czech driver Ales Loprais was unable to start the day’s special, after failing to beat the cut-off time due to not completing the entire route of the 9th special. Genaral standings:
- 1st – Chagin / Savostin / Shaysultanov, Kamaz №500, 38:56:38, 00:00:00.
- 2nd – Kabirov / Belyaev / Mokeev, Kamaz №502, 39:14:05, 00:17:27.
- 3rd – Nikolaev / Mizyukaev / Rybakov, Kamaz №512, 41:40:44, 02:44:06.
- 4th – Echter / Ruf / Klein, MAN №507, 43:53:04, 04:56:26.
- 5th – Mardeev / Demyanenko / Mardeev, Kamaz №518, 44:02:48, 05:06:10.
Bike and car leaders are the same.