Rally Raid Dakar – Finish! Four Kamaz trucks on the podium
The last short 13th stage was yesterday. Vladimir Chagin had – a few days ago already – left behind his main contenders and team mates. At the end, the Czar wins his seventh Dakar, a record in this category.
The 100% Kamaz podium brings together Chagin, Firdaus Kabirov and Eduard Nikolaev. The 26-year old “Tsarevitch” – as he is called by the Russian squad – reaches the podium for his first participation in a Dakar behind the wheel of a truck. And the parade of the blue truck goes on further down the rankings as the fourth place in the general standings is held by Ilgizar Mardeev. The leader in section moto is Marc Coma. And all 3 first places in cars section are belonging to Volkswagen racers – Al-Attiyah, De Villers and Sainz. Overall ranking is:
- 1st – Chagin / Savostin / Shaysultanov, Kamaz №500, 48:28:54, 00:00:00.
- 2nd – Kabirov / Belyaev / Mokeev, Kamaz №502, 48:58:58, 00:30:04.
- 3rd – Nikolaev / Mizyukaev / Rybakov, Kamaz №512, 51:49:11, 03:20:17.
- 4th – Mardeev / Demyanenko / Mardeev, Kamaz №518, 54:13:50, 05:44:56.
- 5th – Echter / Ruf / Klein, MAN №507, 54:14:31, 05:45:37.